Here’s a list of 10 books about blogging new and experienced bloggers might want to consider for ideas and inspiration on how to turn their blog into a business.
It makes no sense having a list of books that all explain the same process – how to start a blog – so we’ve mixed it up a little and included books on content, writing and strategy.
1) How to Start a Blog Today: A Free Step-by-Step Beginner’s Guide to Create a Blog in 20 minutes by Scott Chow
In this book, Scott Chow talks about everything you need do to create a blog in 20 minutes. The blogging software he uses is the one most bloggers use: WordPress. Once you get through the setup process, you’ll learn how to blog for profit and promote the content you’re creating. You can find all of this information online but if you enjoy reading away from your screen, it’s a good starting point.
2) Blogging All-in-One For Dummies
“A fun and friendly reference guide to starting and maintaining a successful blog” – if that’s the kind of introduction to blogging you need, this could be the ideal book for you.
3) How To Blog for Profit: Without Selling Your Soul
Written by Ruth Soukup, who runs the blog Living Well Spending Less, shares how she got started, grew her blog to over one million monthly visitors and was able to earn a full time living from the income it generates.
4) How To Make Money Blogging: How I Replaced My Day Job With My Blog
Bob Lotich runs a personal finance blog called ChristianPF.com. He started it in 2007 after getting laid off from work. Less than a year after launch, he was making more from the blog than he did from his day job.
5) The Essential Habits Of 6-Figure Bloggers: Secrets of 17 Successful Bloggers You Can Use to Build a Six-Figure Online Business
To create this book, author Sally Miller interviewed 17 successful bloggers across various niches. She looked at their business strategies, personal habits and backgrounds and eventually discovered the three most important habits of successful bloggers.
6) Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content
To stand out from the crowd on the modern web, you’ll need to create ridiculously good content. Some people say you’ll need to create the best piece on content on the web for whatever topic you’re writing about. The goal of this book is to help you do that.
7) Master Content Strategy: How to Maximize Your Reach and Boost Your Bottom Line Every Time You Hit Publish
“A masterclass in content marketing strategy for content creators at every stage of the journey — written by a business owner, marketing consultant, and leading authority on the subject.”
8) Blog to Win Business: How to Enchant Readers and Woo Customers
If you’re looking for practical, down-to-earth advice for growing a small business blog, you should definitely consider buying this one. It’s aimed squarely at freelancers and business owners who want to create a blog to market their products and services.
9) Write Blog Posts Readers Love: A Step-By-Step Guide
More practical advice from the trenches. Henri Junttila has more than ten years experience and a subscriber list of 10,000+ people. In this book, he’s brought together everything he’s learned so you can get a head start.
10) CREATE Blog and Editorial Planner: Create Exceptional Content, Get More Done and Smash Through Your Blogging Goals
If you’re the kind of person who likes to work from a plan, focus on your goals and map out projects before starting them, take a look at CREATE. Its goal is to help you stay focused so you can build a business around your blog.