This is all you have to do.
The plugin adds a new widget to the editing page which includes a checkbox you can use when you want to exclude a Post or Page from the internal search results.
If you’re running an established website with plenty of content, you’ll be pleased to know you can use this plugin in the Bulk Editor.
Here’s how to do it:
- Navigate to All Posts and choose Published from the menu
- Check the checkbox to the left of the post title of the post(s) you want to hide
- From the Bulk Actions drop-down menu, choose Edit and click the Apply button
- Look for the drop-down menu with the heading ‘Show in Search Results’ (the default state is No Change) and choose Hide
- When you’re done, hit the Update button to hide the posts.
The plugin will now go ahead and exclude the selected posts and pages from the search results.
Finally, keep track of the content you’ve excluded by navigating to Settings > Search Exclude. Here you’ll see the Posts and Pages no longer included in the search results.