Do you need help with WordPress? Are you struggling with plugins, images or updating the core files? Is it driving you crazy? Don’t worry. We’ve all been there. Read on to find out how we help you.
Minor WordPress Updates
What exactly is a minor update?
We class a minor update as a task that takes less than 30 minutes to complete.
A few examples:
- Installing and setting up plugins like Jetpack, Yoast SEO, Contact Form 7 and Akismet
- Installing and setting up a theme for the first time (switching theme from one to another is a more difficult task which we don’t class as a minor update)
- Creating contact forms
- Adding new pages
- Resizing and / or uploading / deleting images
- Adding new content on your behalf
- Creating sliders
- Working with fonts – including changing colour, size and style
- Changing the colour and / or styling of hyperlinks
- Setting up sidebars
- Adding content to the footer
- Installing social media buttons
- Adding or deleting users
- Interlinking content to improve the user-experience and possibly increase search rankings
- Testing your site for resource-hogging plugins
- Importing / exporting content
- Adding Google Analytics code
Major WordPress Updates/Jobs
The following tasks fall into the “major” section as they may take longer than 30 minutes.
Installing WordPress is very straight-forward if you’ve done it before. It’s not so easy if it’s your first time. If you’re worried about getting it wrong, let us do it for you.
Running the latest version of WordPress allows you to use its latest features and reduces the risk of your site getting hacked. It’s always a good idea to keep your installation up to date.
Plugin developers constantly improve their products and add new features. Running out of date plugins increases the chances of your site getting hacked and may impede performance.
Fixing a Hacked WordPress Site
Hackers get into a WordPress site by whatever means possible. It could be because the site is running an older version of the core files, the plugins are out of date or the theme was created by a hacker, giving them a way in. It could also be because the site uses the admin username and an easy-to-guess password. Fixing a hack is possible, depending on the severity of the attack.
Some plugins are quite easy to set up, others require a bit more experience. Let me take away your headaches and do the setup for you.
People often talk about how easy it is to switch themes on a WordPress website. It’s a great selling point. What they don’t often talk about is the difficulties you can come across when you switch. You may lose menus, the contents of a widget or perhaps the layout isn’t quite what you expected.
Free No Obligation Quote
To give you an accurate quote, we need to know more about the job want doing. Please fill out this form with as much detail as possible.
Before booking time, get in touch to make sure we are able to do the work for you. Typical turnaround is within 24 hours if booked during the working week – Monday through Friday. Any job received after noon on a Friday probably won’t be completed until the next working day.